We are now Franchising
Champion Cleaners is Dubai’s premier dry cleaning and laundry service, serving communities since its establishment in 1997.
The company’s aim has always been to provide 5-star premium dry cleaning and laundry services to high-income affluent expats and local populations of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates. The company also provides many added value services such as alterations Clinique, bag, shoes and leather accessories cleaning & restoration, wedding gown cleaning & preservation, carpet & upholstery cleaning, permanent garment creasing, and soft toy cleaning.
Champion Cleaners uses fully automatic state-of-the-art washing and dry cleaning systems with automatic dosing units. The brand is known for its use of mild chemicals, the best spotting agents in the industry for the best treatment of fragile expensive fibers and textiles, and its long-term partnership with the global number one Johnson Diversey liquid detergents.
The company has an expansive retail network of 27 strategically located outlets in community malls and convenience stops across the UAE. Champion Cleaners also offers free pickup and delivery service with pay port options for customers to pay via credit card at their doorstep.
All the cleaning operations are executed in a central plan with all garments transferred via an efficient fleet network between the central plant and the retail outlets.
The company works extensively to ensure that its services are available to the customer in all convenient locations. The Champion Cleaners Android, iPhone, and Web applications enable online customer orders at all times.
Champion Cleaners has an aggressive marketing program throughout the year spanning traditional and new media. The company is present on Facebook with close to 20,000 followers.
Champion Cleaners also strives to create a 2-way dialogue with its valued customers through social media campaigns and interactive competitions on its Twitter, Instagram, and online platforms to ensure full engagement with its young and trendy customers. The brand is heavily present in all key weddings and events in the UAE.
Champion Cleaners is also present in all major print and online publications in the UAE promoting its services with a reputation for unsurpassed quality and customer service. Extensive branch network coupled with the convenience of free pickup and delivery guarantees a hassle-free experience for clients. Champion Cleaners' fully integrated system cuts down on masses of paperwork clogging the environment. The quality of service available is second to none.
Champion Cleaners goal is to become the leading Dry Cleaning and laundry concept in the region while spreading the concept in the Middle East and beyond. The brand is committed to the highest standards of ethics, employing exceptional people with a wealth of industry experience. Champion Cleaners aims to achieve optimal return on investment and value growth in the industry.
Champion Cleaners Management believes, that it should try to attract franchisees that meet the following criteria:
- Solid financial resources and good banking relationship.
- Hard-working with a desire to succeed.
- Good people skills, including business, management, human resources and customer service skills.
- High personal standards: excellence, honesty and integrity.
- Somewhat risk-averse who desire to purchase a proven concept.
- Ability to manage business portfolio.
- Stability and maturity.
- Exposed to business and businesses operation preferably retail orientated industry.
In addition to field support, members of CHAMPION CLEANERS organization should provide the services listed below.
- Operational Support – CHAMPION CLEANERS Management should provide ongoing training and support in many areas critical to the success of the franchisee’s business, including unit operations and maintenance, customer-service techniques, product ordering, suggested pricing guidelines, and administrative procedures.
- Site Selection – Prior to approving a site for CHAMPION CLEANERS outlet, CHAMPION CLEANERS Management should provide franchisees with clear guidelines for a suitable location. CHAMPION CLEANERS will require franchisees to follow these instructions to ensure that an appropriate site is located.
- Marketing Support – CHAMPION CLEANERS Management should coordinate development of advertising materials and strategies for the benefit of all members of the franchise network. It should also supply franchisees with consumer marketing plans and materials for use at the local or regional level, and retains the right to approve all local advertising materials that the franchisee chooses to develop.
- Purchasing – CHAMPION CLEANERS Management or its affiliate should negotiate quantity discounts on behalf of all of its members, passing some or all of these savings on to the franchisees, whenever possible.
- Accounting/Audit/Legal – Reporting directly to administration, this department is responsible for the financial and legal oversight of franchisees.
- Internal Support – The functional areas of training, purchasing, franchisee communications, and research and development are typically included in such a department.
- Ongoing Research and Development – CHAMPION CLEANERS Management should continue to research methods and techniques for franchise operations (including purchasing and promotional schemes) that enhance unit-level profitability.
- Overall Program Oversight – CHAMPION CLEANERS Management should provide the overall coordination and planning for the CHAMPION CLEANERS franchise system.
We have developed a series of services to ensure a smooth management and operation of the CHAMPION CLEANERS franchise. Among others
- Exclusive license to use the CHAMPION CLEANERS trademarks and trade dress in the franchised territory
- Exclusive license to the use of the CHAMPION CLEANERS marketing and operational systems
- Assistance in the location selection
- Construction specifications
- Assistance in the construction of the franchised unit
- Assistance in selection and supply of equipment and furniture for the franchise unit (if required & depending on locations)
- Assistance in the pre-operational stage
- Training to the franchisee’s staff
- Preparation of the marketing campaign to launch the franchised unit in its territory
- Permanent support & assistance
- Signage and other branding elements for the decoration of the franchised unit
- Permanent marketing assistance and support
- Operations and Management Manuals
- Assistance in the supply and if needed
Franchise Training Program
Initial assistance provided by CHAMPION CLEANERS will include the following franchisee training programs:
Phase I — Training provided at a location designated by Champion Cleaners:
It is expected that CHAMPION CLEANERS Management will provide franchisees with approximately 2 to 4 weeks of initial training at CHAMPION CLEANERS headquarters or at a location designated by the CHAMPION CLEANERS Management, beginning approximately 6 to 9 weeks before the franchisee is scheduled to open for business. Phase I instruction will pertain to administrative, operational, and sales/marketing matters; it will also include a liberal amount of on-the-job training.This training will be provided for the franchisee and one (1) up to five (5) designated attendees.
Phase II — Training provided at the franchisee’s location:
On-site training typically takes place when the franchisee commences operations. Experienced trainers from CHAMPION CLEANERS will provide on-site training for a period of 5 to 7 days to assist the franchisee in the commencement of operations.
Franchise Agreement Duration
The initial term of the Franchise Agreement is ten years from the date the Franchise Agreement is signed. The franchise is renewable for two additional terms of 5(five) years each, providing you have complied with the provisions of the Franchise Agreement
An Initial franchise fee of USD 29,400 for an individual unit.
The Area Development agreement Franchise Fee is USD 161,700 for a number of 10 units, in addition to USD 14,700 as a Franchise Fee for each of the subsequent units under the Area Development agreement (units 2 to 9).
Central Dry Cleaning Plant
Establishment of a Central Plant is required for individual or area development units and that the frachise fee for Champion Cleaners plant starts from USD 136,000.
The continuing services, or “royalty fee,” is 6% of your gross sales and is paid monthly. This fee entitles you to use the CHAMPION CLEANERS service mark, use of distinctive system, marketing assistance, ongoing business development and counseling, and other benefits that come with being a CHAMPION CLEANERS franchisee.
Advertising & Marketing Fee
The CHAMPION CLEANERS name and reputation is an important part of our business. You will spend at least 2% of your gross sales per month on local advertising. In addition, if we should establish fees for a Marketing Fund, you will be expected to make Marketing Fund contributions of up to 1% of your monthly gross sales.
Although there may be a number of viable franchisee profiles, Francorp believes that a franchise should be marketed to people who possess some relative knowledge and strong desire to succeed. Targeted group would include individuals with passion for what they do and good eye for details. Having experience in food & beverage or hospitality will be considered a plus, but will not be required.