Frequently Asked Questions
To know us better, see our FAQs below to find answers.
Dry Cleaning - contrary to the misconception, this mode of cleaning is not dry but involves incorporation of other mediums (solvents), rather than water to clean fabrics. Solvents in dry cleaning are less reactive and milder in terms of cleaning providing a cleaning solution for fabrics susceptible to water. Contrary to wet cleaning, dry cleaning is a closed system and the solvent is filtered and reused.
Prominent solvents in the industry are:
- Perchloroethylene: known as Perc is a hydrocarbon based solvent identified on care labels as ? widely used due to high reactivity with oil stains which can be boosted by special detergents and sizing agent providing the best cleaning amongst all other dry cleaning solvents with a very small limitations.
- Green Earth: a patented technology developed by Green Earth utilizes silica based solvent – being totally inert – means chemical reactivity is at zero and only acts as a medium – cleaning is boosted by detergents and other additives. It can clean all those items that cannot be cleaned in normal dry cleaning and wet cleaning. It is as well much friendlier for environment compared to Perc due to its nature but much weaker in terms of cleaning and oil stain removal.
Normal washing (Laundry) - as known to everybody, involves the use of water and detergent to clean garments. Factors involved in such procedure are:
- Water – as the best medium being the best solvent with high chemical reactivity and the ability to penetrate in the fabric resulting in best cleaning
- Water Temperature – the higher the temperature the better cleaning result with more possibility of risk
- Alkalinity – the higher the PH, the better the cleaning with increased risk
- Mechanical action – the more mechanical action, the better cleaning with higher risk to the fabric
- Detergent – reacts readily with water facilitating removal of dirt from fabric
Wet cleaning (Soft wash) : This terminology stands for a new technology which creates a milder environment for garments to be cleaned with much lower risk of damage worthy of following notes:
- Water – in this technology, water is softened to almost distilled water helping to dramatically reduce its reactivity resulting in much lower risk
- Water Temperature – is reduced to around 20°
- Alkalinity – kept at PH level 7-8, most neutral
- Mechanical action – is reduced dramatically
- Detergent – is the most sophisticated part of the technology whereby coats the fabric during cleaning cycle stopping water from penetrating into the fabric minimizing shrinkage and other possible risks
Champion Cleaners’ concept is well known in the market for its highest level of professionalism in the following areas:
- Fully automated state of the art washing and dry cleaning systems with automatic dosing units and incorporation of the most innovative green technologies.
- A network of 40 outlets conveniently and strategically located in community malls and stopovers across UAE.
- A network of 25 van salesmen readily available for pick-up and delivery as per your convenience.
- Full range of added value services, bag & shoe cleaning, preservation and restoration – carpet and upholstery cleaning – permanent creasing solution – car seats, soft toys, strollers and children accessories complemented by Green Earth sanitization services.
Normal service turnover is 2 working days from the date of collection of your items. Items picked-up on Thursday will be delivered on Sunday as Fridays are off days.
Rush service turnover is 1 working day from the date of collection of your items. Customers will be charged 50% extra for all rush orders. Items collected on Thursday for Rush orders will be delivered on Saturday as Fridays are off days.
We always thrive to provide our services to all the emirates. Currently, we have a very strong presence in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and parts of Sharjah.
Yes, we have a specialist department for curtains & upholstery cleaning.
We not only clean bag & shoes but also we restore those bag & shoes to their original color if cleaning does not suffice. Moreover, all bags and shoes at Champion Cleaners will be sanitized and hygienized through I-Genius Technology without the use of chemicals. Last but not the least, our packaging solution for bags and shoes will make you delighted.
Yes, we clean, sanitize and deodorize all kinds of baby accessories including strollers, car seats, soft toys, pads, high chairs, baby cots, food chairs etc..
Yes, we clean mattresses using specialized inject cleaning methods. Also in-house visits can be arranged for on-site cleaning.
Yes, we clean and sanitize all layered items like boots, uniforms and customs.
Champion Cleaners is the official partner of Green Earth in the Middle East and we use Green Earth environmental friendly solvents for many of our cleaning activities. Champion Cleaners uses green I Genius technology for all sanitization activities using only Ozone Gas (no chemicals). Champion Cleaners is also the official ME partner of Allianz and uses wet cleaning technology which saves a lot of water.
Yes, we have a special wedding gown cleaning and preservation program. Furthermore, all our wedding gown packing boxes and wrapping papers are acid free to ensure long preservation of wedding gown fibers.
Yes, you are more than welcome to visit our facility with prior coordination to best serve you. Kindly email [email protected]
Champion Cleaners does sanitization through the I Genius technology and the use of Ozone generation to sanitize and deodorize without the use of chemicals.
We have more than 40 retail outlets located strategically in different areas of Dubai and Abu Dhabi. You can find the location of our shops from our website.
Yes, you can call our toll free number 8004556 anytime and you will be directed to one of our customer service representatives waiting to serve you.
Yes, we have a franchise in Qatar and we are open for franchising in the GCC and Middle East and Central Asia.
We are certified by DLI and we are a member of NCA and DLI
Expensive gowns and silk items are truly a challenge and should not be trusted with just any dry cleaner. At Champion Cleaners, we have a dedicated gown cleaning and preservation program that will prolong the life of the gown. Silk finishing program at Champion Cleaners will help restore the sheen for which silk items we loved for.
Maximum compensation payable by the company will be 10 times the charge on the bill related to that particular item.